Baked chicken recipes
Oven chicken with mushroom sauce
- ½ cup flavored dry bread crumbs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, crushed (optional)
- 1 large broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ½ cup fresh sliced mushrooms or 1 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Time to completion:
This baked chicken recipe makes 6 servings.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In clean paper bag, combine crumbs, flour, salt, pepper and rosemary.
Add few pieces of chicken at a time, closing bag and shaking to coat chicken. Repeat with remaining chicken.
In 13-by-9-inch baking dish, arrange chicken, skin side up. Dot with butter or margarine.
Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender.
Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken and bake another 30 minutes, basting occasionally.
This excellent chicken cacciatore recipe was written in 2001 by Barbara Bratel Collier for Sun Newspapers.
Mariana & Catalin
P.S. I hope you've enjoyed this baked chicken recipe as much as my family had. Share your preferred baked chicken recipe by writing me a small note.